John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period throughout December and the first week of January 2018. JWA travelers can visit www.ocair.com for real-time flight status, parking availability, and road closures and construction activity near the Airport.
Demand for parking during peak holiday travel periods is expected to be high. The Airport recommends guests consider all parking options available: Terminal-adjacent Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C, as well as curbside Valet Parking and the Main Street Parking Lot with free shuttle to the Riley Terminal. Travelers should plan ahead and check real-time parking availability by calling (949) 252-5200, or visiting Parking Availability on the Airport’s website.
- All passengers flying out of JWA are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights to find parking, check luggage and go through the security screening checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre✓™ can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B and C.
- Passengers are allowed one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics. For helpful information about the 3-1-1 liquids rule for carry-on bags and other travel tips from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) please visit the TSA website.
- “If You See Something, Say Something™” To report a suspicious object or activity in the Riley Terminal, dial “0” from a White Courtesy Phone to reach an operator, or dial 2-5000 to reach Airport Police Services, or you may notify an Airport employee or a uniformed officer. Guests may also dial (949) 252-5200 from a mobile device.
Parking at John Wayne Airport
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30 per day, located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2 per hour and $20 per day, with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Off-site Main Street Parking Lot is located at 1512 Main Street, Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Drivers picking up passengers are encouraged to utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or the 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C. Access to Terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy. Column 14 is also a designated JWA Yellow Cab pickup location for Terminal C.
- Transportation Network Companies Uber, Lyft and Wingz utilize the color-coded and numbered columns to pick up passengers curbside on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway.
Other Travel Planning Resources
- There are specific rules and exceptions for passengers traveling with infant care items. Please visit TSA tips for traveling with children for more information.
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP)website to ensure they have appropriate travel documentation for visiting the United States. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program can expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Passengers traveling to and from Vancouver, Canada, will clear Customs in Canada.