John Wayne Airport has always provided a clean, safe and welcoming environment, and as an essential travel service, we recognize our continued obligations to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, tenants, and guests.
The country is recovering, restrictions are easing, and the Airport is ready to provide the opportunity for our travelers to reconnect with family, friends, and business associates in person. We are seeing a steady increase in travelers at the Airport, and we are working closely with our restaurant, retail, airline, rental car, and TSA partners to ensure a safe travel environment.
John Wayne Airport will continue to provide a superior guest experience, and as we move through recovery together, that experience will differ slightly than it has in the past as our business practices evolve. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we implement these new practices.
The Airport has initiated several new strategies in accordance with County and State regulations as we strive to protect the health of everyone at John Wayne Airport.
- “Healthy Travels” signage located throughout the Terminal
- Physical Distancing markers on flooring in heavy traffic areas, queuing, elevators, and escalators
- Protective plastic barriers to protect employees and passengers
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of heavy touchpoints, such as TSA security checkpoints, handrails, surfaces, buttons, shuttles, and Airport seating areas
- Restaurant and retail employees are wearing face coverings, maintaining physical distancing from customers, and using plastic protective barriers
- Dine-in restaurants have reconfigured seating areas to allow physical distancing
- Contactless food ordering and gate delivery from select restaurants via online app, as well as many grab & go options
John Wayne Airport has been a vital part of the Orange County community for nearly 100 years. Every day, we strive to ensure safe, comfortable and convenient air travel in and out of Orange County, and we will continue to provide opportunities to connect with those you care about most.