Every 65 seconds, someone in the U.S. develops Alzheimer’s Disease. It is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States. 5.8 million Americans are currently living with the disease, and it is expected that the number will increase to 14 million by 2050.
John Wayne Airport has partnered with the Alzheimer’s Association Orange County Chapter to bring awareness about a disease that touches so many lives and to help support their efforts to find a cure. Their amazing staff provided education and training so that we may better serve those traveling through the Airport who are affected by the disease.
‘Go Purple’ is the Association’s motto to recognize Alzheimer’s Awareness month in June. You can help join the fight and support the cause by taking action in one of the following ways:
- Participate in one of the many events the Alzheimer’s Association organizes, including ‘The Longest Day’ on June 21 where people across the world will focus fundraising efforts during the Summer solstice.
- Volunteer by becoming an ambassador.
- Support legislation to help find a cure.
- Donate to the Alzheimer’s Association to help further research and treatment.
- Shop purple at the Alzheimer’s on-line store.
The Alzheimer’s Association, Orange County Chapter, provides education and support to those facing Alzheimer’s, including caregivers, health care professionals, and families. They also focus their amazing efforts to further vital research, treatment, prevention, and seeking a cure.
To learn more about Alzheimer’s, the Association’s efforts, and how to get involved, feel free to visit https://alz.org. The Alzheimer’s Association also offers a 24/7 helpline for those in immediate need of support at 800.272.3900.
If you or a family member are touched by Alzheimer’s and need assistance through John Wayne Airport’s Helping Hands program, we are happy to help. Please feel free to visit our Helping Hands page.